Associate Membership is designed for non-U.S. based law firms, or the foreign offices of U.S.-based Defense Counsel Section firms, that do an extensive amount of media defense work, but may, as well, on occasion, represent plaintiffs in media cases. Some, such as English barristers, are attorneys whose professional ethical obligations require them to accept cases on behalf of plaintiffs. They are all supporters of MLRC.
Associate Members as of July 20, 2012
Annual membership: $1,250 ($500 for solo practitioners and firms of three lawyers and less)
- MLRC MediaLawDaily: published five days a week by e-mail, the Daily links to breaking news stories from the U.S. and the world on media law and business issues, and to decisions, briefs and legislative initiatives.
- MLRC MediaLawLetter Associate Edition, delivered quarterly via e-mail, is a special edition of the MLRC MediaLawLetter created for Associate Members of MLRC. The Associate Edition reports on developments in media libel, privacy, and related law, with a special emphasis on court decisions and legislative initiatives outside of the United States. Online access to archives going back to 2002.
- MLRC Bulletin, delivered electronically three times per year, it contains reports on trends, developments, and news in First Amendment law and litigation. The MLRC Bulletin also publishes the results of MLRC-initiated statistical studies and symposia.
- Reports and publications of MLRC's International Media Law Committee.
- Invitations to MLRC conferences and events.
- DCS Membership Directory listing.
- Eligibility for discounts on the MLRC 50-State Surveys.