Associate Membership is designed for non-U.S. based law firms, or the foreign offices of U.S.-based Defense Counsel Section firms, that do an extensive amount of media defense work, but may, as well, on occasion, represent legacy plaintiffs in media cases. Some, such as English barristers, are attorneys whose professional ethical obligations require them to accept cases on behalf of plaintiffs. They are all supporters of MLRC free expression mission.
Associate Members as of July 2015
Annual membership: $1,250 ($500 for solo practitioners and firms of three lawyers and less)
- MediaLawDaily: Links to breaking news stories from the U.S. and the world on media law, policy and business developments, and to decisions, briefs and legislative initiatives.
- MediaLawLetter: Published monthly, the LawLetter reports on developments in media libel, privacy and related law.
- Bulletin: The Bulletin contains in-depth reports on trends and developments in media law and litigation, as well as our biennial report on media trials.
- Reports and publications of MLRC's International Media Law Committee.
- Invitations to MLRC conferences and events.
- Membership Directory listing.
- Eligibility for discounts on the MLRC 50-State Surveys.