MLRC members may list available job openings on this webpage for up to 60 days. (MLRC positions are listed here.) Submit listings, including details on how applicants can apply directly to a potential employer, to
Job applicants should follow the application instructions in each inidividual listing to apply for positions.
This page is for posting job openings suitable for attorneys ONLY; MLRC will not accept listings for clerical, paralegal, support, and similar positions.
Use of this service is subject to the Terms of Service for medialaw.org, which are excerpted below.
Counsel – New York Times Legal Department
The New York Times is one of the world’s most influential news organizations with 50 news bureaus around the New York region, the nation and the globe. The Times is known for accuracy, depth and authority and produces award-winning journalism, breaking news coverage and opinion and commentary along with deep databases of content and rich multimedia presentations. The New York Times has won 119 Pulitzer Prizes and Citations, far more than any other news organization.
The New York Times Company has an opening for a corporate attorney in its Legal Department. The attorney will handle a broad range of commercial contracts and general corporate matters and will report to the Vice President and Assistant General Counsel.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing advice to management on a variety of legal matters, including with respect to advertising, marketing, distribution, technology, digital operations and intellectual property.
- Reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for domestic and international operations.
- Providing legal support and advice for the Company’s acquisition, divestiture and strategic investment activity, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements.
- Supporting senior management and other corporate departments, including finance, treasury and human resources.
- Assisting with the development of legal and compliance policies and procedures in coordination with other members of the legal department.
- Undergraduate and J.D. degrees from recognized institutions. Must be a member of the New York bar.
- At least five years’ experience, principally in general corporate law, with sufficient experience to handle responsibilities with a minimum of supervision. Previous in-house experience is a plus.
- Experience drafting and reviewing a range of business contracts. Ability to contribute to discussions of general business issues; to work well with a wide range of clients, from senior corporate management to line operating personnel; and to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to analyze complex legal and regulatory material and communicate their implications in clear and simple language, both written and oral, appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to understand and counsel clients in a manner consistent with the Company’s goals and culture.
- Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and implement large and ongoing projects.
- Excellent judgment and professional integrity.
If interested, send us a resume at:
Marketing and IP Law Internship - NBCUniversal
Job Description/Requirements: The NBCUniversal Law Department (NY) seeks a LAWYER for a full-time one year Marketing and Intellectual Property Internship in the Content and Production Risk Group. The position is in New York City. Candidate must have passed a bar exam and have practiced law for at least two years after graduation. Trademark filing and prosecution experience, as well as marketing contract drafting, is preferred. Some experience with copyright and/or promotions law is a plus.
Responsibilities: The intern is responsible for a variety of marketing, trademark, copyright, and other IP and production matters including the following: drafting agreements, including vendor agreements, clearance agreements, appearance releases, co-promotional agreements, pitch agreements, NDAs, and cost share agreements; conducting and evaluating trademark searches; drafting and submitting trademark registrations and other aspects of trademark prosecution; handling requests for use of NBC logos and other NBCUniversal properties; reviewing scripts; drafting and responding to trademark claim letters; reviewing contest and sweepstakes rules and counseling NBCUniversal business units on various promotions matters; and providing research and other assistance on various projects as needed.
Compensation: Compensation for the position is $27 per hour for 40 hours per week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to
with the subject line "Marketing and IP Law Internship" by December 23rd. Position begins January 2017.
Posted December 12, 2016
Use of this service is subject to the Terms of Service for medialaw.org, including the following provision: Job Board: While MLRC may provide a section of the website for members to post job listings, such listings are submitted by and are the responsibility of the user(s) who post them, not MLRC. MLRC does not write, edit, or post these materials, except under the provisions of the preceding paragraphs in this section and the other provisions of these Terms. MLRC makes no warranty that any jobs posted on the website are actually available, and recommends contacting the employer directly. Federal and state legislation prohibits discrimination of the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, and veteran status.